WordPress is one of the best Content Management System (CMS) now a days. Building your website using WordPress is really simple. In this tutorial we will show you how you can easily backup your wordpress website and database.
We will use Softaculous to do this work. Although Softaculous is very famous for it’s auto installer feature of many applications ( WordPress, Joomla, Magento, phpBB etc ) but it can also be used to backup your WordPress website and WordPress database. In this Tutorial we are using SiteGround as our Hosting Company.
Steps To Backup Your WordPress Website & Database :
1. Go to your Hosting Cpanel (Here we are using SiteGround Cpanel) and look for WordPress under “AutoInstallers” and click on it.
2. Under “WordPress” you will see a list of your WordPress websites.
3. In this Tutorial we will backup “wbbpe.biz” website. To backup the WordPress website just click the yellow folder icon.
4. After clicking the yellow folder icon you will see it like this :
5. Make sure you tick backup directory and backup database options. Now click “Backup Installation” button located at the end .
6. Within a few minutes you will be able to receive a successfully backup creation message.
7. Now click on “Backups” and you will see your WordPress backup.
8. If you want to store your backup file in your computer then simply click on the Blue Arrow.
9. After successfully completion you will be able to see your saved website data like this: